Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Designs for a Creative Life"

I am starting a new blog that will include the ongoing joys of living a creative life.  This new blog will include fun and fabulous activities such as vegetarian/vegan cooking, sewing, designing, gardening, fashion, my patterns, and other wonderfully satisfying homemaking activities.

Today I will start by showing you my little garden.   It is still early spring so many of the plants, started from seed, are very tiny but promising!   It is exciting to see the little lettuces, spinach and pea pods springing up from the earth.

This is the first year I tried my hand at planting in raised beds, mostly from seed.  The seed is organic and I purchased some Chinese stir fry greens that are growing in the bed with the statue.  I am excited to cook with them and will show you that when they are ready.  Other fun vegetables that are planted, (but not up yet), are the Chinese long (green) beans, the Thai red long beans and the Chinese red long beans.  Will keep you posted on those as they come along and are used in yummy stir fry dishes!

Here are some pictures of my little raised bed garden:



This will be my Chinese stir-fry garden, once the little plants grow some more:


 Goodbye for now.  I will soon be back with more "designs for a creative life."  Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment